Getting a Tryke
Previously, Vermont AMBUCS would host an annual bike fitting event, where participants would come and try out different trykes to see which would suit their needs. Because of COVID, we have shifted to a more individualized approach. Below, you will find the process for getting a bike, and the paperwork required.
The Application Process
- Please fill out the Request, Waiver, and Assessment Form (attached).
- Please send a photo of the rider for our internal documentation.
- Please email the fully completed form and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A representative from VT AMBUCS will work with you and your local therapist to complete the bike selection form below. Using your form, we will coordinate a trial bike (if necessary), help you fill out an order form for the correct tryke and accessories, and set up your fundraising page.
- Once the correct tryke has been selected, we will order the tryke and start fundraising.
- Please share the fundraising campaign with your friends, family, work, and social groups. If your work has a matching donation program, please let us know.
- Once the tryke arrives, a representative will build and deliver your tryke, and make sure it fits.
- You then enjoy the fun and freedom of riding a bike!
- If you outgrow your tryke, we require that the tryke be returned to our program so it can be passed onto the next rider! If you need the next size up, the process starts again at number 1!
15th Anniversary Celebration
- October 22nd, 2022
- Waitsfield Elementary School
- Pizza will be served from 11am-1pm. RSVP to email@example.com with the number of people attending. If you have a bike that's been ordered and is ready to be picked up, an AMBUCS representative will reach out to you and invite you to pick up your bike on this day.
- We are seeking any bike mechanic volunteers that would like to help build bikes on this day!
Monthly Meetings for Board Members
Board meetings are held prior to member meetings. Member meetings are held over Zoom.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Get Fit for a Bike
Interested in riding, but not sure how? Email us to learn how folks who are unable to operate a traditional bike can try the Amtryke Therapeutic Tricycle.
Volunteer at an Event
Are you a bike enthusiast, rehab therapist, family member, or just enjoy riding your bike for fun? Help us bring that joy to others by fundraising, fitting and building bikes, or organizing!
Join VT AMBUCS
We are a volunteer based, grassroots non-profit. We have a diverse statewide membership dedicated to creating mobility and independence for individuals with disabilities.
We meet monthly over Zoom.